Are Pro Form Treadmills Better Or
Worse Than Other Treadmills?
Icon health and fitness manufactures all pro form treadmills. They are also responsible for many other types of treadmills.
While most of the icon treadmills are of very good quality, the pro form ones just don't measure up. They are cheap however, but not as reliable as others.
The prices for this particular treadmill, made by icon treadmills, are a
lot cheaper than most. You can expect to pay anywhere from about $500
to $1800 for one.
The proform treadmills are one of the original icon treadmills and you can find them in almost every exercise equipment store.
Pro form treadmills are very popular because of the tremendous number that consumers purchase each year. On
the surface this alone would make you think that pro form treadmills
are one of the best values available, but is this really the case?
most consumers usually look at price as the determining factor when
purchasing a treadmill it's a fact that a lower price usually means more
Note! The very best place you can buy any exercise
equipment including the pro form treadmills and other treadmills, is
online. Online exercise equipment stores have many benefits over the
traditional exercise equipment stores.
Reasons for this include
lower prices of the pro form treadmills and other exercise equipment; a
much greater selection of pro form treadmills; you get to select the
features that you want, not what a salesperson wants you to buy; and
many more benefits.
"Features Of Some Pro Form Treadmills"
- Proform treadmills come with what's known as a QuickSpeed™ Control. This is a nice feature because it allows you to increase or decrease your speed, at any time you're on the treadmill, with just a single touch.This is quite advantageous for doing any time of interval training.
- Proform treadmills come with QuickIncline™ Control. This is much the same as the above mentioned feature except instead of jumping from one speed to another during your workout, you use this feature to jump to different inclines. Again, I think this is a good feature.
- Some proform treadmills are equipped with a built-in interactive disc player and speakers. This allows you to use special interactive workout discs that can control your speed, incline, resistance, etc.It uses a persons voice to motivate you. I find this annoying but a lot of other people do like it. It comes down to personal taste.
- Proform treadmills feature a pressure sensitive air shock beneath the running surface that helps to take the strain off your knees, ankles, hips, etc. While this is a good feature, a lot of other treadmills have much better and more comfortable systems in place to reduce your workout strain.
- Proform treadmills have a built in heart rate monitor. While this is an important feature that helps you to stay within your proper heart training zone, it's nothing special or unique because almost every single treadmill made has the same thing.
- Proform treadmills have a fan to keep you cool while you exercise. I really like this feature because it really does work and keep you nice and comfortable, especially if you are using it in a building without air conditioning.
- Like almost all treadmills over the $500 price range, the proform treadmills come with a number of pre-programmed routines.
- The speed variation on most of the proform treadmills is pretty good. You can workout in a range of 0 to 12 miles per hour.
- The incline can be adjusted from 0 to 14. This allows for anywhere from a flat exercise session all the way to one that feels like you're walking up a mountain trail.
- The motor is pretty standard and come in a 3.0 CHP commercial grade. While it's powerful enough for most people, it's not exactly as quiet as you may like.
- As far as the running surface goes, it's not that great. The 19"x 55" sized running belt is not big enough for most taller people. I'd like to see one that adds both some length and width.
While the proform treadmills may seem extremely good from all of the
unique features they have, don't let this fool you. It seems the biggest
problem is the durability.
It's very cost effective because of
the cheap parts. Some reports are that this brand of treadmill is one of
the most frustrating because of all the repairs needed.
you're a serious runner or are really determined to get into good shape
you're better off spending a little more money on a more reliable
When it comes to treadmills, in most of the cases, cheap is not good.
Return To Exercise Equipment Reviews Page
Leave Pro Form Treadmills Page And
Return To Plyometrics Home Page
Please click the "Facebook" and "Google +" buttons above and let all your friends know about this information. Please also consider using the additional Social Sharing Buttons just above and to the left. Thank you