Are You Receiving The Vitamin Benefits You Expect?
Vitamin benefits are many but not with all brands and some vitamins only work properly when taken in conjunction with other vitamins and minerals.
The main reason vitamin supplement benefits are so crucial is mainly
because in the past fifty years there has become an epidemic of vitamin
Today's food no longer contains the vitamins and other nutrients that are required for good long-term health.
Years ago vitamins and other nutrients were replenished in the soil and transferred to into the plants, but since farming techniques have changed drastically, so has the vitamin and nutrient content of the crops.
To compound the problem of the lack of vitamin benefits in food due to modern-day farming techniques, is the fact that vitamins and other nutrients are lost when storing, drying, freezing, and processing your food.
Only in recent years, and with a lot of resistance, has the conservative medical community finally admitted that to receive the vitamin benefits you need for long-term health, vitamin supplementation is necessary.
It wasn't until 1992 that the journal of American Medical Association finally recommended vitamin supplementation as a way to prevent heart disease because the vitamin benefits were so strong.
"What Are Some Specific Vitamin Benefits?"
There are many, many vitamins and minerals and their benefits could fill up a book.
Here are just some of the vitamins you need to take in order to achieve the more important benefits.
- Beta-carotene has many benefits including being suggested to protect against cancer and heart disease. These vitamin supplement benefits are due to the fact that it can dramatically boost your immune system and act a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants can control free radicals and prevent them from causing damage to cells and leading to premature disease and aging. Some other benefits of beta-carotene are its ability to improve vision and combat skin disorders, such as psoriasis and eczema, protect your throat, mouth, and lungs from pre-cancerous cells.
- Biotin is with it's important benefits is used in the metabolism of protein, fats, and carbohydrates. It also helps in energy production and there is some proof that it can help people with diabetes by keep glucose levels reduced. Other benefits include healthy hair, skin, and nails, reducing fatigue, heartburn and some allergies.
- Folic acid is famous for certain benefits, most notably being a crucial vitamin for women who are trying to conceive and those who are already pregnant. But other benefits include helping to make you heart healthy, an increase in energy and a role for in helping to combat Alzheimer’s disease.
- Vitamin A has many unique benefits but mostly is a very effective
antioxidant. It is also plays an essential role in maintaining healthy
vision, keeping the cells of your skin healthy, helping relieve skin
disorders, often to treat acne and wrinkles, boosting your immune system
and helping to heal any wounds you may have. Some studies have also
shown that vitamin A may help insulin regulate blood sugar levels, a big
vitamin benefit for people with diabetes.
- Vitamin B12
has very important benefits because a deficiency can lead to serious
health complications such as nerve damage, weak muscles, depression,
memory problems, fatigue, anemia, and stunted growth in children. Other
benefits include the formation and regeneration of red blood cells, your
body’s manufacture of DNA and RNA and the proper functioning of nerves.
- Some benefits of vitamin c include a few that you may
already be aware of including: a pivotal role in the production of
collagen and an ability to help in the healing of wounds. Other benefits
of vitamin c: it has an ability to boost your immune system, protects
artery linings and it may help in the prevention of cataracts.
E benefits include the fact that it is a potent antioxidant and has a
possible role in the protection against heart disease. Other vitamin E
benefits are that it may help protect against some types of cancers,
boosts your immune system, and helps as an aid in the healing of
injuries. Additional vitamin E benefits especially for the elderly, is
that some studies have shown it can boost their immune system.
K has good benefits such as blood clotting and helping to strengthen
bones and counter osteoporosis. And the list of vitamins and their own
benefits goes on and on, we’ve just covered a few of the most important
and more common ones here.
"Synergy Is Vital To Receive All Vitamin Benefits"
You will not get the vitamin benefits you need if you just take single vitamins. This is due to the fact that most vitamins and minerals do not work in isolation, and their function is interdependent.
Complete vitamin mineral supplementation is the only effective way to get the full vitamin supplement benefits and ensure that all the essential interactions take place, and this is why a high-quality multi vitamin / mineral supplement is necessary.
Bioavailability is a measure of how much of a particular substance can be absorbed by your body. Not all forms of vitamins and minerals are alike, and some are more readily absorbed and others.
Very few of the vitamin supplements available today contain ingredients that are more than minimally bioavailable, thus reducing the benefits you receive.
The manufacturers of most vitamin and mineral supplements think that consumers will go for the biggest numbers and assume that they will not know any different.
Most of the quality ingredients that are highly bioavailable take up more physical space in the pill.
This means that supplements of higher quality will actually be much bigger pills, and will require that you swallow more than one pill per day in order to receive the adequate amounts of the nutrients and the full benefits.
"The Bottom Line On Vitamin Benefits"
There are numerous vitamin supplement benefits, so many in fact that you must make sure you and everyone in your family takes high-quality vitamins daily, to remain healthy.
It's a smart policy to take a powerful foundational total balance nutritional supplement to make up for inevitable lapses in your diet and the fact that you cannot get enough benefits from the food you eat.
But be careful when selecting a vitamin and mineral manufacturer. The reasons for this are many, and include:
- The fact that there is a big difference in the vitamin benefits between the much cheaper synthetic vitamins most vitamin manufacturers use and more expensive natural vitamins. But even among some natural ingredients certain vitamin manufacturers use there is a big difference in the vitamin benefits due to extensive discrepancies in potency.
- Because synergy is vital to receive all vitamin benefits it's extremely important that your vitamins are made by scientists with the best vitamin supplement credentials. Unfortunately a lot of the vitamin products available are just put together quickly without knowing the benefits causing many of the ingredients to cancel each other out.
- And finally, because the vitamin industry in North America is unregulated you, as a consumer, only have about a 1 in 5 chance of buying a vitamin product with the ingredients stated on the label -- and receiving all the benefits.
The Benefits Of Vitamin C
Thankfully there is are some vitamin manufacturers that have excellent formulas that meet all of the requirements and more for improving and maintaining over-all health and providing you with all of the vitamin benefits you need.
Have A Great Story About Vitamins?
Do you currently, or have you ever, used daily vitamins? What was your experience with daily vitamins? How did it affect your health? Do you have a good or a bad story to tell about your own experience with daily vitamins? Or do you have some good information that we may have missed? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Return To Best Multi Vitamins Page
Leave Vitamin Benefits Page And
Return To Plyometrics Home Page
Please click the "Facebook" and "Google +" buttons above and let all your friends know about this information. Please also consider using the additional Social Sharing Buttons just above and to the left. Thank you